Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 36: Inspection Day

Thursday, July 25

This morning I cleaned up the giant tortoise exhibit and then started on last minute cleaning for inspections in the afternoon. I was just doing spot cleaning on areas that might not have been covered before. Later, I was called over to another area of the building because I had small enough arms to reach into a tank and take out a drain cover. After break, I put the drain back, then worked more on cleaning the building.

After lunch, the other interns and I went on the tour of River's Edge. Unfortunately, we didn't get to go behind the scenes, but the zookeeper told us some information about different animals that they have in that area. Once back, the other intern and I processed the cricket shipment. I then cleaned the McCord's Box Turtle tubs before the afternoon break. Afterwards, I misted the galliwasps, cleaned the Spotted Turtle tanks and then gathered trash for the end of the day.

Some pictures from the tour:


One of the younger elephants taking a swim

No comments:

Post a Comment